Bamboo Grove / Togetsukyo Bridge / Tenryu-ji Temple / Adashino Nenbutsu-ji Temple / Gio-ji Temple / Jojakko-ji Temple / Saga-Toriimoto Street / Okochi Sanso Villa
Arashiyama (嵐山) is located in the western part of Kyoto and it has a long and honorable history dating back to the Heian Period (794-1185), when nobles would enjoy its natural setting. It is home to beautiful temples and probably the most beautiful villa in Japan. But the highlight of the area, a particularly enchanting experience, is the famous Bamboo Forest, an incredibly atmospheric grove of bamboo.
Also, known for its magnificent scenic view, the iconic Togetsukyo Bridge built in 836, crosses the Katsura River. Called the “Moon-Crossing Bridge” by the Emperor Kameyama, who witnessed a luminous moon rising above the upper reaches of the river, appearing as though the moon itself was crossing the bridge.
And if time permits the Monkey Park Iwatayama.
The Hozu river cruising, can also be organized.
- 1/2 day 4 hours Private Experience: From JPY22.000 for 1 guest. (JPY6.000 for each additional guest).
- 8 hours Private Experience: From JPY37.000 for 1 guest. (JPY11.000 for each additional guest).
- 0 – 5 years old (free) and 6 – 14 years old (–50%).
- Hotel pick up.
- Bottled Water.
- Your transportation (~JPY1.000/pers.)
- Food and drink costs.
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.