One of the most impressive and memorable sights in all of Kyoto, the famous Fushimi Inari Shrine or Fushimi Inari-Taisha (伏見稲荷大社) is the head of Inari shrines in Japan, dedicated to Inari, the Shinto god of rice, sake, and prosperity.
Its endless arcades of vermilion torii (shrine gates) and the stone kitsune (foxes) spreading across a lush, wooded mountain, make this vast shrine complex truly a sight to behold.
Also the name “Fushimi” originally comes from the two words “fusu” and “mizu” meaning “underground” and “water” and sake brewing developed here because of its natural water taken from the ground famed for its purity, softness and flavour.
Join us on a journey of discovery to the spiritual heart of Kyoto and the charming, traditional sake brewing district along the historically renowned Horikawa River to learn about sake history, how to brew it, along with a sake tasting at a brewery.
Please note the tour starts at noon and that the mountaintop hike takes about 2-3 hours round trip, so please wear shoes and clothing that are suitable for walking.
- 6 hours Private Experience: JPY19.000/pers.
- This tour is not suitable for person under 20 years old (legal adult age in Japan).
- Hotel pick up.
- Light lunch.
- Bottled Water.
- 45 minute Sake Tasting.
- Your transportation (~JPY1.000/pers.)
- Extra food and drink costs.
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.