Tokyo Brewery tour and sake tasting highlights
Sake brewery tour / special sake tasting / full Japanese meal
Sake or nihonshu production started in Tokyo in the Edo period (1603–1868) and few know that sake is still produced in the city by nine sake breweries, thanks to its quality groundwater.
The sake is mostly brewed in winter by farmers and fishermen who need to work during off season. They are led by a brewer, or toji, who often belongs to a guild or a group.
Enjoyed either hot or cold referred to okan or kanzake, there are various types of sake which gets its taste from a complex mix of water, brewing techniques, rice quality and the expertise of the brewmaster.
With our expert you will visit one of the finest brewery in Tokyo and are invited to witness the production process, learn about the history of the brewery, procedure of sake making and taste the season’s freshest sake.
Then, we hope you will enjoy the gourmet meal and fresh sake sample tasting while you are surrounded by the natural scenery of Okutama’s mountainous landscape.
You will also get time to go to the sake museum which is annexed to the brewery.
Note that some breweries do not offer tours during production and fermentation.
- 4 hours Private Experience: From JPY29,000/pers. – 2 pers. minimum
- If only 1 guest or + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Sake tasting and lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY2,500/pers.)
- Extra food and drink costs
- If this tour is suitable for everyone, no alcohol will be served to person under 20 years old (legal adult age in Japan)
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply