Tokyo Food Tour Highlights
Toyosu & Tsukiji / Yurakucho / Posh Ginza / Shinbashi / Dine, chat, and Kanpai
Washoku (和食) is an approach to achieving nutritional balance and aesthetic harmony at table; both a culinary philosophy and a set of practical guidelines for preparing food. It has been drawing attention since it was registered as an UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
The first character, 和 (wa) means Japan or Japanese, which also represents harmony, and the second character 食 (shoku) means food or to eat; it can be translated to “harmony of food”.
And its philosophy rests on the “Power of Five” an important number in Japanese culture, each having five components:
- Goshiki (five colors): red, blue, yellow, white and black.
- Gomi (five flavors): sweet, pungent, salty, bitter and sour.
- Goho (five methods): grilling, boiling, steaming, frying and raw food.
- Gokan (five senses): sight, sound and texture, as well as taste and smell.
- The final set of fives is called the gokan no mon — a Buddhist doctrine referring to the state of mind to be maintained while partaking of the food.
Discover Japanese Food, join our Tokyo Food Tour and our food experts will take you on an adventurous food journey with delightful and mouth-watering local delicacies.
- 4 hours Private Experience: From JPY19,000/pers. – 2 pers. minimum
- If only 1 guest or + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY1,500/day/pers.)
- Guide dinner if evening tour
- If this tour is suitable for everyone, no alcohol will be served to person under 20 years old (legal adult age in Japan)
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply