For a quick getaway from Tokyo, Hakone (箱根) is just 70 minutes by train from the city. It is close enough to be a day trip but an overnight stay is best if you are seeking a brief and therapeutic escape from the big city.
Much of the area surrounding Hakone is part of a national park with spectacular views of Mt. Fuji (if the weather permit). It is a resort town that boasts a number of museums including the Hakone Open Air Museum with its Picasso exhibit.
It is fun day-trip which combines rides on several trains or buses, funicular, cable car and enjoy a cruise across the peaceful Ashino-ko lake, surrounded by natural beauty and the view of nearby Mt. Fuji.
Hakone is also one of Japan’s most popular hot spring resorts, with more than a dozen springs providing hot spring water to the many bath houses and ryokan in the area and an overnight stay at a Ryokan/Onsen is recommended.
Hakone Shrine / Lake Ashinoko Cruise / Owakudani / Hakone Cable Car / Ropeway / Choanji Temple
- 8 hours Private Experience: From JPY68.000 for 2 guests. (JPY20.000 for each additional guest).
- 0 – 5 years old (free) and 6 – 14 years old (–50%).
- JR Pass holder (minus JPY6.400/pers.)
- If only 1 guest or overnight stay contact us for an estimate.
- Hotel pick up.
- Transportation (Shinkansen) from/to Tokyo Station.
- Your guide’s lunch up to JPY1.000.
- Bottled Water.
- Food and drink costs.
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.