Himeji (姫 路) is a small town located at the western end of the Kansai region famous for its wooden castle. Built in the 17th century, Himejoi-jo, is nicknamed Hakurojō or Shirasagijō (White Heron Castle) because of its brilliant white plastered walls exterior.
Considered the finest castle in Japan, with 83 wooden buildings with a complicated spiral labyrinth pattern in its inner walls designed to lose the assailants and allow the besieged to defend themselves. The castle is both a national treasure and a World Heritage site.
It has also often been featured in Japanese and foreign film series such as The Last Samurai and 007: We only live twice.
Himeji Castle / Nagoyama Cemetery / Kōkoen Garden / Engyoji / Mount Shosha
If you have three or four days in Kyoto/Osaka, we also suggest making this day trip.
- 8 hours Private Experience: Kyoto departure – From JPY60.000 for 2 guests. (JPY18.000 for each additional guest).
- 8 hours Private Experience: Osaka departure – From JPY55.000 for 2 guests. (JPY15.000 for each additional guest).
- 0 – 5 years old (free) and 6 – 14 years old (–50%).
- JR Pass holder (minus JPY9.000/pers. from Kyoto or JPY7.500/pers. from Osaka).
- If only 1 guest contact us for an estimate.
- Hotel pick up.
- All admission tickets and transportation from/to Kyoto Station or Shin-Osaka Station.
- Your guide’s lunch up to JPY1.000.
- Bottled Water.
- Food and drink costs.
- The ropeway (JPY1.000/pers) if Mount Shosha.
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.