Kamakura (鎌倉) is a very popular day trip from Tokyo, with 65 Buddhist temples and 19 Shinto shrines and its Kotoku-in, a big statue of Buddha, 9.18m high, dating back to the 13th century.
It has flourished since warlord Minamoto Yoritomo established a new government in 1192 and was once the political capital of Japan during the Kamakura Shogunate, from 1181 to 1333.
After a fresh cup of matcha green tea at the teahouse (extra charge) in the enchanting bamboo garden at Hokokuji Temple, with your local expert, you will visit the famous historical monuments, Buddhist temples, Shinto Shrines of Kamakura.
Your guide will also escort you to the Enoden train for a magical ride through the town to finish the day with the gigantic bronze statue of Amitabha Buddha in the Kotoku-in Temple.
Hokokuji Temple Bamboo Garden / Hase-dera Temple / Kotoku-in and its Daibutsu (Big Buddha) / Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine / Komachi-dori
Rates (group of up to six (6) people)
- 8 hours Private Experience: JPY48.000
- This tour can also be done with private car.
- Hotel pick up.
- Your guide’s transportation and entrances.
- Food and drink costs. Please pay for the guide’s lunch.
- Your transportation without JR Pass and entrances (~JPY3.000/day/pers.)
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.