Mount Fuji (富士山), now a dormant volcano, stands in the center of Honshu Island, more than a hundred kilometers from Tokyo and is the highest peak in Japan (3,776m) and its most celebrated. It contributes to Japan’s physical, cultural and spiritual geography.
Also called Fuji-san, it is a sacred place and has long been the object of pilgrimages for inspired poets and artists, like the famous print Kanagawa-oki nami ura (Great Wave off Kanagawa).
Named for the Buddhist fire goddess Fuchi, it brings together the symbols of Heaven, Earth and Fire at the same time and inspires feelings of fear, danger, but also peace.
The perfectly formed peak of Mount Fuji, with an exceptionally symmetrical shape, is notoriously shy, so any sighting has to be counted as a blessing.
Kawaguchiko Lake / Kachi Kachi Ropeway / Arakura Sengen Shrine / Chureito Pagoda / Oshino Hakkai Village
Rates (group of up to six (6) people)
- 10 hours Private Experience: JPY67.000
- Hotel pick up.
- Your guide’s transportation and entrances.
- Food and drink costs. Please pay for the guide’s lunch.
- Your transportation without JR Pass and entrances (~JPY9.000/day/pers.)
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.