Mount Nokogiri (鋸 山) or Nokogiri-yama, literally “saw mountain” is one hour away from Tokyo in the Boso Peninsula of Chiba prefecture. It is best known for its 31-meter tall Nihon-ji Daibutsu (Big Buddha) carved into the rock, making it the largest seated Buddha in Japan.
At an altitude of 329 meters, Mount Nokogiri is listed in the 100 best views of Mount Fuji in the Kanto region and from there, the panorama is magnificent, with a view of the Bôsô peninsula, the Izu-tenjô mountains and Izu Ôshima Island and if you do not have the fear of heights, the Jigoku nozoki, the view of hell!
Throughout the visit, be ready for a breathtaking climb to enlightenment. More than one thousand five hundred Rakan statues (Buddha disciples) will accompany you, offering you a very special, even mystical atmosphere.
Tokyo Bay cruise / Canyon trail / Ropeway / Nihon-ji temple and its Daibutsu / 1,500 Rakan / The view of hell
- 8 hours Private Experience: From JPY34.000 for 1 guest. (JPY10.000 for each additional guest).
- 0 – 5 years old (free) and 6 – 14 years old (–50%).
- JR Pass not used for this tour.
- Hotel pick up.
- All admission tickets and transportation from/to Shinagawa Station.
- Your guide’s lunch up to JPY1.000.
- Bottled Water.
- Food and drink costs.
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.