Himeji Castle / Nagoyama Cemetery / Kōkoen Garden / Engyoji / Mount Shosha
Himeji (姫 路) is a small town located at the western end of the Kansai region famous for its wooden castle. Built in the 17th century, Himejoi-jo, is nicknamed Hakurojō or Shirasagijō (White Heron Castle) because of its brilliant white plastered walls exterior.
Considered the finest castle in Japan, with 83 wooden buildings with a complicated spiral labyrinth pattern in its inner walls designed to lose the assailants and allow the besieged to defend themselves.
The castle is both a national treasure and a World Heritage site.
It has also often been featured in Japanese and foreign film series such as The Last Samurai and 007: We only live twice.
If you have three or four days in Kyoto/Osaka, we also suggest making this day trip.
Rates (group of up to six (6) people)
- 08 hours Private Experience: JPY62.000
- +JPY4.000 for the guide in case of Shinkansen.
- Hotel pick up.
- Your guide’s transportation and entrances.
- Food and drink costs. Please pay for the guide’s lunch.
- Your transportation without JR Pass and entrances (~JPY7.000/day/pers.)
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.