After much controversy and delay the famous Tsukiji Market (築地市場), the biggest fish market in the world moved on October 11, 2018 a few kilometers from its former location to Toyosu in Tokyo Bay.
While the Tsukiji wholesale market was open to public after 11am, visitors are now not allowed down to the market floor at Toyosu market (豊洲市場). They are only able to view the action from the upper observation galleries.
Experience the excitement and energy of Tokyo’s famous tuna auction at its new home.
Then with our chef you will have the unique chance to enter the Toyosu market floor where only buyers are allowed into and get lost in the labyrinth of seafood stalls, do your shopping and choose the best ingredients for your lunch at the chef’s hidden restaurant.
You will then visit the Tsukiji outer market, followed by a lunch with your own chosen fish.
Sushi workshop can also be organized.
Chances to visit Toyosu are rare and we hope that you will enjoy this unique opportunity.
- Please contact us to inquire about pricing
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before the tour
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Transportation (avg. JPY1,000/pers.)
- Extra food and drink costs
- This tour is not suitable for person under 8 years old
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply