Located on the westernmost end of Japan’s main island, Izumo (出雲市) and Matsue (松江) area have long been hailed as “the land of the gods.”
In Izumo, you will find one of Japan’s oldest and most revered shrine, Izumo Taisha or Izumo Grand Shrine, with its iconically large Shimenawa rope. The main deity enshrined at Izumo Taisha is known as Okuninushi-no-Okami.
According to legend, this divine being was responsible for raising the Japanese isles from the sea.
Matsue, capital city of Shimane Prefecture, is often referred to as “the water city, due to its location between Lake Shinji and Nakaumi. A former feudal stronghold, Matsue is a true castle town crossed with many canals and boasts one of the twelve remaining original castles in Japan.
Cruising Matsue’s waterways is another highlight.
Matsue is also a good base to visit nearby Tottori.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 8 hours Private Experience: JPY52,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY3,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person