Nagano City (長野) is a Monzen-machi, a town that developed around a temple. With the venerable Zenkoji Temple at its heart, and its passion inspired by the majestic peaks surrounding it, the city has been attracting pilgrims for over 1,400 years.
Zenkoji Temple (善光寺) is one of the most important temple in Japan and is said to be a required visit at least once in everyone’s life. It was founded in the 7th century and stores the first Buddhist statue ever to be brought into Japan.
The original statue is hidden while a copy of it is shown to the public every six years for a few weeks. The next opportunity will be in April/May 2021.
Jigokudani Yaen Koen (地獄谷野猿公苑), also known as the Snow Monkey Park, is home to a very special troop of Japanese macaques and a unique place which offers visitors the unique experience of seeing world-famous wild monkeys going about their daily lives including the unique behavior of bathing in onsens (natural hot springs).
Japanese macaques have the northernmost range of the world’s non-human primates.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 8 hours Private Experience: JPY57,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs. Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY4,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- JR Pass and Shinkansen not used for this tour
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person