Located in the northern region of the Seto Inland Sea, Naoshima (直島) is a paradise for contemporary art, architecture and nature lovers.
Three decades ago the small Japanese island of Naoshima was a fishing community in decline and in the late 1980s, the mayor thought that he wanted to change this island to a cultural place.
Benesse Corporation, a company of learning materials in Okayama, purchased a southern part of the island and famed Japanese architect Tadao Ando was put in charge to supervise the development and went to work over the next two decades designing a hotel complex and museums. The Benesse Art Site Naoshima.
Now art sneaks up on you all around the island – in hotels, galleries, bathhouse and the outdoors.
The nearby islands of Inujima and Teshima house continuations of the remarkable Benesse Art Site Naoshima project.
With an art expert explore highlights of the island, wandering through museums showcasing all kind of arts from local artists.
You can also cruise the islands on an exciting journey through the azure waters of the Seto-Naikai with champagne, delicious food and impeccable style in every detail!
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 08 hours Private Experience: JPY52,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY6,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person