Now a bustling metropolis, Sapporo (札幌市) was once nothing but a quiet hunting and fishing town in the Ishikari Plain of Hokkaido, settled by the Ainu. It owed its early development to the colonization bureau of the government. It is now a major commercial centre, with Otaru, on the Sea of Japan, as its outport.
Otaru Canal was completed in the year 1923, when Japan had Westernized. It was built to support shipping by boat to Hokkaido, which at the time was just developing.
Nostalgic buildings from that time are still lined up alongside the canal.
The environment of Yoichi is similar to that of Scotland, where whisky originates. That is why Masataka Taketsuru, known as the “Japanese father of whisky”, chose this town to produce whisky.
At Yoichi Distillery, Hokkaido, you can learn about the production procedure of Nikka whisky as well as its history at their whisky museum. Feel the charm of whisky at a distillery surrounded by nature.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 9 hours Private Experience: JPY60,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before tour
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY6,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- If this tour is suitable for everyone, no alcohol will be served to person under 20 years old (legal adult age in Japan)
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 people) – We don’t charge per person