“A wise man climbs Fuji once. Only a fool climbs it twice.”
Free of snow and almost summer starts the season for climbing Mount Fuji (富士山), the highest peak in Japan (3.776m).
Since ancient times, Japanese have revered this sacred mountain. Poets have celebrated it and generations of artists have painted its distinctive conical shape.
Pilgrims carrying a long staff, have set off from the compounds of the Sengenjinja shrines at its foot to climb the mountain, and reach the crater at its summit where it was believed that the Shinto deity, Asama no Okami resided.
Climb Mount Fuji to admire the sunrise from its summit? What could represent Japan better than its two biggest symbols?
The ascent of Mount Fuji can be done by 4 different routes, each with its advantages and disadvantages, the Yoshida, the Subashiri, the Gotemba and the Fujinomiya.
- 2 days private tour – All trails (June to September only)
- Private Walking Tour of the Fujiko Pilgrims’ Trail – Yoshida Trail (April to November)
Rates (group of up to four (4) guests)
- Please contact us to inquire about pricing
- + 4 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before the tour
- Certified Japanese Mountain Guide
- Accommodation costs (we will reserve a mountain huts for you)
- Transportation to the 5th station
- Ascension costs
- Your personal costs, meals…
- We also offer a wide variety of hikes around or on Mount Fuji all year round