For a quick getaway from Tokyo, Hakone (箱根) is just 70 minutes by train from the city. It is close enough to be a day trip but an overnight stay is best if you are seeking a brief and therapeutic escape from the big city.
Much of the area surrounding Hakone is part of a national park with spectacular views of Mount Fuji (if the weather permit). It is a resort town that boasts a number of museums including the Hakone Open Air Museum with its Picasso exhibit.
It is fun day-trip which combines rides on several trains or buses, funicular, cable car and enjoy a cruise across the peaceful Ashino-ko lake, surrounded by natural beauty and the view of nearby Mt. Fuji.
Hakone is also one of Japan’s most popular hot spring resorts, with more than a dozen springs providing hot spring water to the many bath houses and ryokan in the area and an overnight stay at a Ryokan/Onsen is recommended.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 10 hours Private Experience: JPY57,000
- +JPY3.000 for the guide in case of Shinkansen
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs. Please pay for the guide’s lunch.
- Your transportation without JR Pass and entrances (~JPY7,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person