Capital of the prefecture of the same name, Hiroshima (広 島) is the most important city of the Chugoku region. It was founded in 1589 on the north coast of the Seto Inland Sea (Setonaikai) by the feudal lord Terumoto Mori.
He built Hiroshima Castle between 1589 and 1599 on the delta of the Otagawa river, taking advantage of its pivotal geographic location and the proximity of Itsukushima, the Island of Worship.
Popularly known as Miyajima famous for its giant torii gate, which at high tide seems to float on the water. The sight is ranked as one of Japan’s three best views.
During the Meiji era, Hiroshima became an important urban center and one of the main logistical bases of the Japanese imperial army.
On August 6, 1945, at 8:15 am, the first atomic bomb used in a conflict exploded 580 meters above the city of Hiroshima. 140,000 people perished.
Please let us know if you want to climb Mount Misen.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 8 hours Private Experience: JPY45,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before the tour
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY3,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person