Kumamoto Castle / Dejima / Suizenji Garden / Former Hosokawa Residence / Mount Aso / Josaien
Kumamoto (熊本市) has long been the largest and most influential city of central Kyushu. It is known for its castle and for Suizenji Park, which is one of the three most famous gardens in Japan. The original castle, which is one of Japan’s largest and most complete, was partly destroyed in 1877 and restored in 1960.
Kumamoto is also where Miyamoto Musashi, a Japanese swordsman, philosopher, strategist, writer and ronin (“wanderer”) -Japan’s most legendary samurai warrior- spent his final years. He is now a popular subject in Japanese movies and TV shows, and the best-seller manga Vagabond is based on his life.
The spirit of Miyamoto Musashi still lives on in Kumamoto, and makes Kumamoto a true samurai town.
Nearby is Mount Aso, Japan’s Moon-Like volcano, and one of Japan’s many secret natural wonders. Its crater, The Nakadake is one of the most active volcano in Japan. Inside its crater lies a beautiful fuming blue lake and it is even possible for you to see it from above.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 08 hours Private Experience: JPY45,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before tour
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY3,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person