Up to 2 persons
To study Buddhism is to study the self, to study the self is to forget the self.
Dogen Kigen (道元希玄)
Zen Buddhism is a mixture of Indian Mahayana Buddhism and Taoism. It began in China and was introduced to Japan in the 12th century during the Kamakura period (1185–1333). Then, the Samurai, Japan’s warrior caste, were practitioners of Zen Buddhism.
The essence of Zen Buddhism is that all human beings are Buddha, and that all they have to do is to discover that truth for themselves.
The practice of Zen meditation or Zazen (座禅), “za” meaning sitting, and “Zen” meaning meditation in Japanese, is the core of Zen Buddhism: without it, there is no Zen. It is a way of vigilance and self-discovery which is practiced while sitting.
Join us and experience Zazen in the quiet and stillness of a Buddhist temple, calm your heart and erase all of the negativity from your mind.
Experience available in Tokyo.
- Meeting Point: TBD
- Meeting Time: TBD
- Duration: 2 hours
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Inclusion: Neighborhood visit
Rates (group of up to two (2) people)
- 1 hour Private Experience: From JPY9,000/pers.
- + 2 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before the experience
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
Please fill in the details below and we will reply within 24 hours.