Kobe Tour Highlights
Chinatown Nankinmachi / Kitano-cho / Tsutenkaku Tower / Nunobiki Herb Garden / Nada / Shin-Kobe Ropeway
The history of Kobe (神戸) goes back to the 7th century. As one of the ports open to international visitors – along with Hakodate, Nagasaki, Yokohama, and Niigata – Kobe has had a long history of international influence.
While the ports that opened to international trade entirely cut off foreign settlements from local residences, Kobe created foreign areas that had no real physical restrictions. There were also mixed areas, where foreigners and Kobe locals could live next door or down the street from their foreign neighbors, leading to a natural sharing of customs, foods, and fashion.
After visiting Kobe’s main sites, the visitor can easily find something to delight the palate. Kobe beef is said to be one of the highest-grade brands of wagyu, or Japanese-produced beef. And Hyogo is also the country’s largest sake-producing prefecture, with Kobe at the core.
Sake produced in Kobe’s Nada district is known as some of the best in the world. A mix of high-quality rice, a perfect brewing climate, easy access to natural mountain water and centuries of practice have made Nada’s name in the production of rice wine.
Kobe can also be combined with visits in Osaka and Himeji.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 1 day 8 hours Private Experience: JPY45,000
- Full day + evening Private Experience: JPY65,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY1,500/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Guide dinner if evening tour
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 people) – We don’t charge per person