Kamakura (鎌倉) is a very popular day trip from Tokyo, with 65 Buddhist temples and 19 Shinto shrines and its Kotoku-in, a big statue of Buddha, dating back to the 13th century.
It has flourished since warlord Minamoto Yoritomo established a new government in 1192. And was once the political capital of Japan during the Kamakura Shogunate, from 1181 to 1333.
From then, Japan was ruled through a dual government structure. While the emperor retained cultural and religious sovereignty over the nation, the military elite during this period assumed political and economic leadership. This system of governance remained in place until the late 1800s.
Kamakura was also the city where Japanese Zen Buddhism first developed, and where the Nichiren school of Buddhism was created. Thanks to this exceptional heritage, Kamakura is only second to Kyoto for the number of major historical temples.
This tour is great combined with a visit to Yokohama.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 8 hours Private Experience: JPY48,000
- Kamakura and Yokohama: Please contact us to inquire about pricing
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs. Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation without JR Pass and entrances (~JPY3,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person