Koyo (紅葉) is the Japanese word for leaves color change, during the Autumn. Trees, mainly the Momiji the Japanese mapple trees and Ginko change their color from green to yellow, orange, red and make a spectacular view. All forested mountains become tourists hot spots for Momijigari or hunting for autumn foliage, for more than two months across Japan. We propose you to experience Koyo:
Early October to mid November, in Nikko where you can enjoy autumn leaves display while meandering towards the World Heritage shrines.
Late October to mid November, the Fuji Five Lakes offers some of the best views of iconic Mount fuji in combination with autumn color viewing.
Mid to late November, at Mount Takao (599m), one of Tokyo‘s most popular Momijigari spot, which also offer attractive hiking opportunities.
Mid November to early December, at Arashiyama in Kyoto, considered one of the best spots in all of Japan to experience autumn leaves.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 1/2 day 4 hours Private Experience: JPY35,000
- 1 day 8 hours Private Experience: JPY55,000
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation (~JPY1,500/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Guide dinner if evening tour
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- Those tours can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person