Himeji (姫 路) is a small town located at the western end of the Kansai region famous for its wooden castle. Built in the 17th century, Himejoi-jo, is nicknamed Hakurojo or Shirasagijo (White Heron Castle) because of its brilliant white plastered walls exterior.
Considered the finest castle in Japan, with 83 wooden buildings with a complicated spiral labyrinth pattern in its inner walls designed to lose the assailants and allow the besieged to defend themselves.
The castle is both a national treasure and a World Heritage site. It has also often been featured in Japanese and foreign film series such as The Last Samurai and 007: We only live twice.
Located in the shadow of the castle, Koko-en is a modern garden opened in 1993. Actually gardens is more accurate, as there are nine different types of garden, all based on styles popular during the Edo Period (1603-1868).
If you have three or four days in Kyoto/Osaka or on your way to/from Hiroshima, we suggest making this day trip.
Rates (group of up to six (6) guests)
- 08 hours Private Experience: JPY62,000
- +JPY4.000 for the guide in case of Shinkansen
- + 6 guests, contact us for an estimate
Terms of payment
- 25% deposit paid upon booking
- Balance paid 35 days before departure
- Hotel or station pick up
- English speaking local guide
- Your guide’s transportation
- Food and drink costs – Please pay for the guide’s lunch
- Your transportation without JR Pass (~JPY7,000/day/pers.)
- Activity and entrance fee
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour can also be done with private car
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply
- Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 guests) – We don’t charge per person