Understanding the Katana
Few years after the ancient Japanese samurai class was disarmed following the Japan’s Meiji Restoration (1866-1867), there was a revival of interest in traditional Japanese sword.
With us, it’s not just about the sword, it’s about strength and discipline, grace and respect and training with the Crazy88-Miki which was O-Ren Ishii’s personal army in the fight scene set in the House of Blue Leaves in the movie Kill Bill Vol. 1.
The Samurai Sword Art group named Kamui was founded by Tetsuro Shimaguchi in 1998 and shows performances mixed with beauty of form, acting and martial arts. Tetsuro and his “army” use sword as a means of communication and they now share and offer lessons to visitors who come to Tokyo.
One thing you will learn about traditional Japanese swordsmanship is the special importance given on ritual and Etiquette, to acquire the right spirit of respect and reverence for the art and the sword itself.
- Please contact us to inquire about pricing.
- This tour is not suitable for person under 8 years old.
- Maximum 4 persons.
- If only 1 guest contact us for an estimate.
- Samurai Workshop.
- Photo shoot.
- Bottled Water.
- We can also arrange samurai dressing and a private lesson with Tetsuro Shimaguchi
- Transportation (avg. JPY1.000/pers.)
- In the unplanned event of using taxis instead of public transportation, extra fees may apply.